I've just been full of posts lately, haven't I? But I can't help it! I've come to the solid conclusion that the movie industry is really trying to make me die of happiness. Look at this line up from the eyes of Bonnie:
1. Jane Eyre DVD is slowly making its way around the corner.
2. Wuthering Heights is soon to be released, so I hear. The set date for the UK is late September, so I imagine that it shouldn't be that much later for America unless they decide to pull a "Jane Eyre 2011" on us in reverse order and make the Americans pine for the film while the lucky Brits watch their DVDs.
3. The appearance of both Winnie the Pooh and Harry Potter in theaters on Friday. The latter I'm approaching with a certain amount of skepticism, but Winnie the Pooh was a childhood favorite of mine and my sixteen-year-old butt will be rushing to the theater near me to see it.
4. A Dangerous Method is set to be released in early 2012 near the awards season. It is considerably far away, but still enough cause for excitement.
5. Anna Karenina. Keira Knightley. Jude Law. Need I say more?
And now...the trailer for the Sherlock Holmes sequel has been released. I know what you're going to say. The film installment completely disregards all aspects of the source material except for the name. Still, I loved the bad-boy edge given to the film. It combined Sherlock's eccentric intelligence with a proportionate amount of action sequence, a little touch of romance, and a large dose of sex appeal. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are both in my top ten Movie Star crushes. Yes, I do keep a list.
All the same, I'm a bit skeptical of the sequel. The word "sequel" automatically sends a slight shiver up my spine because they have a notorious tendency to fail miserably. The first Sherlock got great reviews and picked up a new generation of followers. Now I have a feeling that filmmakers will overwhelm themselves trying to usher to this new generation and the film will end up missing all the qualities that made the first one good.
But it's got Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law in it, so I'm going to be excited anyway.