Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Nanowrimo Holiday

Does it feel like I'm neglecting you yet? I'm really not trying to! And yet, I'm sorry to announce that it'll only get worse from here. National Novel Writing Month has come, and with it comes the new (well, new to me, at least) challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. Yes, I am an official certified Nanowrimo author. Yes, I am going to tirelessly devote the next thirty days of my life to actually finishing something I've made an effort to write! Yes, I will achieve thus goal because I don't think i'll be able to live with myself if I don't. So far I'm off to much too fast of a start. I've got 10,000 words in a day. I sat down at the computer this morning and have been traveling in the car all day so I've been given all the time in the world to write. What's even better is the fact that new ideas have just been overflowing for the first time in a long time and my fingers just won't quit typing!

Anyway, I truly am sorry that I won't be around that much. I miss you guys dearly. But, I do have good news. The name of my novel is Edward F. Rochester. You guessed it! My Nanowrimo novel will be nothing other than sitting and writing for hours on end about Jane Eyre from Rochester's perspective only.   A fragment of inspiration came to me this past week and since then the words and ideas won't stop coming to me. If I make it to my goal, my dearest wish is that I might share this novel with you. Instead of  reading my opinions on the work of others, you will get the (rather frightening) chance to critique my work. 

For any of you who have accounts on Nanowrimo, please add me as a writing buddy. My username is Litlover13.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the title of your novel on NaNo last night, and saw the info about it and went "squeee!!" :D

    Writing 10k in a day, that's excellent, congratulations! That will give you a great buffer for the days when all you can do is stare at a blank screen and nothing comes out, or the days where you're too busy to write anything. Good work!

    I'd love to read the finished article and give you feedback on it. Who knows, maybe you could even turn it into an ebook in the end? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Can we read it here when it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm hoping to do, Robas.

    ReplyDelete