Sunday, October 30, 2011

More Doodles

Yes, I'm still alive! I haven't really been around all that much, I know. The Jane Eyre rankings have been going very well and attracting a lot of attention, and most of the time I like for the hype from one post to die down before I start others. There's also the beginning of my new blog, which only requires short and sweet posts from me. This one requires thought, time, and effort. I was also ill with strep throat for most of last week, and I found myself too sick to even think of what to write about.

Anyway, I just dropped by to express my qualms about Edward F. Rochester. He's the hardest man to draw...it's quite ridiculous really. I've drawn the same Jane about three thousand times, but my Rochester always seems to change. I experiment, doodle here and there. Often times my Rochester drafts all have some feature that strikes gold, but doesn't accomplish the whole character. But then again, I never really established a cemented vision for Rochester. I established the actor I wished would play him, but I don't think that Richard Armitage is necessarily (look-wise) the Rochester prototype. Therefore, I've decided to doodle until I find out what that cemented vision is.

Keep in mind that it's only a doodle. Anything done in pencil is counted to be a mere preliminary sketch by me. I prefer not to do anything final in pencil, and my goal is to one day draw my Rochester with charcoals if the one who satisfies my vision ever comes around.






No comments:

Post a Comment